Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mogens V.

Default Sony KV-X2933E 29" tv, sound gone left side

Anyone know about the subj?

Sound started to be irregular and scratchy, sometimes ok, sometimes
gone. A kick to the side or top got it back. Later it just vanished.

When I open the box (electronics engineer 18+ yrs back, now IT) and
flip up the PCB on top, which does some of the audio, I can halfways
make the sound reappear. I just can't locate the problem.
Last time I opened it, I didn't have any frost spray, so I didn't get to
try locate a possible semiconductor problem. Could be a bad solder too.
My hunch is it may be a mechanical/electrical problem in the hinge to
that PCB.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

If you are an electronics engineer, I would expect you to know that if
you give the set a smack, and something changes in it operation, the
fault has to be something mechanicaly loose, or a cold solder
connection.

Also, in describing any kind of fault, to have a chance of any detailed
answers, you should indicate readings from designated test points in
relation to the service manual and schematics.

Your description is something like, I as driving my car along, and
heard some kind of a rattle when I drove through a pot-hole. Now tell
me what is the cause of the rattle.

This comment was not meant to be provocative. It is meant to show that
common sense in the way questions are asked is important in order to
have consrtructive answers. This is especialy true for ones who are
supposed to have technical backgrounds.

Jerry G.