Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mogens V.

Default Sony KV-X2933E 29" tv, sound gone left side

Anyone know about the subj?

Sound started to be irregular and scratchy, sometimes ok, sometimes
gone. A kick to the side or top got it back. Later it just vanished.

When I open the box (electronics engineer 18+ yrs back, now IT) and
flip up the PCB on top, which does some of the audio, I can halfways
make the sound reappear. I just can't locate the problem.
Last time I opened it, I didn't have any frost spray, so I didn't get to
try locate a possible semiconductor problem. Could be a bad solder too.
My hunch is it may be a mechanical/electrical problem in the hinge to
that PCB.

--
Kind regards,
Mogens V.