Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jose

Default help with ac adapter for portable pc

hello, I lost my ac adapter (18.5V 2.5 A)
but have another one of 19V and 3.4 A.
I want to know if the second it is possible to be used for the portatil

thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
hello, I lost my ac adapter (18.5V 2.5 A)
but have another one of 19V and 3.4 A.
I want to know if the second it is possible to be used for the portatil

thanks

Sounds like it ought to be OK. Make sure the plug wiring is the correct
polarity and of course the plug itself must be the right type.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jose

the plug wiring is ok and the polarity too, but the voltage is 0,5+
isīt about 2,6%+
which it's the range of voltage (+-) of this notebook?

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in newsvhLf.34171
:

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
hello, I lost my ac adapter (18.5V 2.5 A)
but have another one of 19V and 3.4 A.
I want to know if the second it is possible to be used for the

portatil

thanks

Sounds like it ought to be OK. Make sure the plug wiring is the

correct
polarity and of course the plug itself must be the right type.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"Jose" wrote in message
. ..
the plug wiring is ok and the polarity too, but the voltage is 0,5+
isīt about 2,6%+
which it's the range of voltage (+-) of this notebook?

Don't worry about it. IME these laptop adapters are rarely spot on anyway.
After all, they are calibrated by human beings so a 0.5V error is hardly
going to be critical. Also, over years of use they will probably drift by
that amount anyway. This voltage feeds regulated switchmode power supplies
inside the laptop, so it doesn't have to be deadly accurate. The CPU,
chipset, hard drive etc will still get exactly the right voltage.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kim Cole

Jose wrote:
hello, I lost my ac adapter (18.5V 2.5 A)
but have another one of 19V and 3.4 A.
I want to know if the second it is possible to be used for the portatil

thanks

SOME WORDS OF ADVICE BEFORE YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID. BACK UP YOUR DATA
ASSHOLE