Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lauricek

Default new ipod battery doesn't hold a charge

I have a 3rdG ipod 15GB; all of a sudden it stopped working. I get the
folder error message and the battery gets hot when I try to charge it.
I changed the battery to a new one; it didn't make a difference. Does
anybody know what's wrong or how to fix this problem?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
TimPerry

"lauricek" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 3rdG ipod 15GB; all of a sudden it stopped working. I get the
folder error message and the battery gets hot when I try to charge it.
I changed the battery to a new one; it didn't make a difference. Does
anybody know what's wrong or how to fix this problem?

sounds like the charger may be bad or the wrong one.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Folder icon is a bad sign.. You should download the ipod updater from
apple.com and see if you can do a restore on your ipod. I hate to say it but
odds are your hard drive has died and the only way to fix that is to get
another hdd.

Also for all your iPod questions check out http://forums.ipodlounge.com/

- Mike

oups.com...