Nina

Default How to charge a Li-ION Laptop battery

My laptop, Compaq Presario 1510T (also known as Evo N1000c) works fine
off the AC adpter but does not charge my batteries. The batteries are
OK, they charge just fine in someone else's laptop, but in mine the
charging light blinks on and off and nothing happens.

I spoke to a number of laptop technicians who said that since in
laptops everything is part of the motherboard, the only reasonable
solution would be to charge the batteries outside the laptop. The
question is how.
The one external Compaq brand charger I found is around $600.00 and
up, which obviously, doesn't make any sense to buy.

Any ideas?
My batteries are 289053-001 and 240258-001.
Art

Since you don't want to buy the charger needed the other option would be to
have your laptop repaired so it will properly charge the batteries, which
probably would mean replacing the motherboard.
"Nina" wrote in message
om...
My laptop, Compaq Presario 1510T (also known as Evo N1000c) works fine
off the AC adpter but does not charge my batteries. The batteries are
OK, they charge just fine in someone else's laptop, but in mine the
charging light blinks on and off and nothing happens.

I spoke to a number of laptop technicians who said that since in
laptops everything is part of the motherboard, the only reasonable
solution would be to charge the batteries outside the laptop. The
question is how.
The one external Compaq brand charger I found is around $600.00 and
up, which obviously, doesn't make any sense to buy.

Any ideas?
My batteries are 289053-001 and 240258-001.

johnnie7

there is a few li-ion battery chargers available for remote control
models....most come with bare wires ...so u would need solder conects to use
a basic charger

john
#

"Art" wrote in message
Since you don't want to buy the charger needed the other option would be

have your laptop repaired so it will properly charge the batteries, which
probably would mean replacing the motherboard.
"Nina" wrote in message
om...
My laptop, Compaq Presario 1510T (also known as Evo N1000c) works fine
off the AC adpter but does not charge my batteries. The batteries are
OK, they charge just fine in someone else's laptop, but in mine the
charging light blinks on and off and nothing happens.

I spoke to a number of laptop technicians who said that since in
laptops everything is part of the motherboard, the only reasonable
solution would be to charge the batteries outside the laptop. The
question is how.
The one external Compaq brand charger I found is around $600.00 and
up, which obviously, doesn't make any sense to buy.

Any ideas?
My batteries are 289053-001 and 240258-001.

David Askari

Lithium ion batteries are great but they are fussy. They have
complecated chargeing issues that need a full time baby sitter or
microproccer. If not done right, heat, fire and explosions occure.
No one wants to make a unversal charger for that. But a laptop like
yours that is busted expect it charges batteries is a cheap sollution
from ebay. If you find one with a broken lcd and no ram or drives and
bad keyboard and etc. it would be cheap. Just ask the seller if it
charges only.