DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   new ipod battery doesn't hold a charge (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/143380-new-ipod-battery-doesnt-hold-charge.html)

lauricek February 4th 06 06:41 PM

new ipod battery doesn't hold a charge

I have a 3rdG ipod 15GB; all of a sudden it stopped working. I get the
folder error message and the battery gets hot when I try to charge it.
I changed the battery to a new one; it didn't make a difference. Does
anybody know what's wrong or how to fix this problem?

TimPerry February 6th 06 03:25 AM

new ipod battery doesn't hold a charge

"lauricek" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 3rdG ipod 15GB; all of a sudden it stopped working. I get the
folder error message and the battery gets hot when I try to charge it.
I changed the battery to a new one; it didn't make a difference. Does
anybody know what's wrong or how to fix this problem?

sounds like the charger may be bad or the wrong one.

Michael Kennedy February 6th 06 11:14 PM

new ipod battery doesn't hold a charge

Folder icon is a bad sign.. You should download the ipod updater from
apple.com and see if you can do a restore on your ipod. I hate to say it but
odds are your hard drive has died and the only way to fix that is to get
another hdd.

Also for all your iPod questions check out http://forums.ipodlounge.com/

- Mike

oups.com...