Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Testing CPU's

I have a Microprocesser and it has a program built into it. I forget
the numbers, it is at the shop. But is there a machine that can test
these things along with the many other Z80 or 68000 or 8088 etc. I
know there is the Fluke thing but that sounds like a lot work tracking
down all of the modules. I just want to put it in a tester and see if
it works. I know you can sub things but I like to be sure that
something is really wrong before I replace it. I bought a Dune Chip
Checker but it doesn't do Microproccessers. Any one seen something
like that, that does microprocessers?

Thanks
Russ

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Microprocesser and it has a program built into it. I forget
the numbers, it is at the shop. But is there a machine that can test
these things along with the many other Z80 or 68000 or 8088 etc. I
know there is the Fluke thing but that sounds like a lot work tracking
down all of the modules. I just want to put it in a tester and see if
it works. I know you can sub things but I like to be sure that
something is really wrong before I replace it. I bought a Dune Chip
Checker but it doesn't do Microproccessers. Any one seen something
like that, that does microprocessers?

Thanks
Russ

El cheapo: http://www.z80.info/z80test0.htm

http://teknetelectronics.com/Search....Var1=Fluke&F=M ha$ 16 Fluke pod$
li$ted, including the tho$e you mentioned, a$ well a$ the ba$e unit$.

Do an ebay search for "fluke pod" and you'll see the z80 and 8088 pods, plus
others.

I've not seen an all-in-one tester, and I likely never will.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Juan Jimenez

"Ray L. Volts" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

The "all-in-one" tester does exist, and has existed for decades, they had it
at a place I used to work in Anaheim, CA called Semiconductor Reliability
Laboratories, or SRL for short. Huge box, had to be programmed, could test
at room temp. with liquid nitrogen or high heat. E$PEN$IVE.

For Intel microprocessors there used to be something called an ISIS
workstation that I used to work with to develop firmware, and it had
emulation pods that allowed you to test any Intel uP, and then some. It's
been years since I saw one of those.

Juan

Asbestos testing in apartment (Bay Area, CA) k007 Home Repair 12 January 27th 06 01:24 AM
Cost of electrical testing Cicero UK diy 17 September 16th 05 09:56 PM
How much to charge for elec testing? Peter Scott UK diy 15 August 31st 05 03:58 PM
PAT Testing costs Andy Dingley UK diy 14 November 25th 04 10:53 AM
Laws requiring portable appliance testing and electrical installation testing if any? Z UK diy 9 June 14th 04 11:00 AM