Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray L. Volts

Default Testing CPU's

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a Microprocesser and it has a program built into it. I forget
the numbers, it is at the shop. But is there a machine that can test
these things along with the many other Z80 or 68000 or 8088 etc. I
know there is the Fluke thing but that sounds like a lot work tracking
down all of the modules. I just want to put it in a tester and see if
it works. I know you can sub things but I like to be sure that
something is really wrong before I replace it. I bought a Dune Chip
Checker but it doesn't do Microproccessers. Any one seen something
like that, that does microprocessers?

Thanks
Russ

El cheapo: http://www.z80.info/z80test0.htm

http://teknetelectronics.com/Search....Var1=Fluke&F=M ha$ 16 Fluke pod$
li$ted, including the tho$e you mentioned, a$ well a$ the ba$e unit$.

Do an ebay search for "fluke pod" and you'll see the z80 and 8088 pods, plus
others.

I've not seen an all-in-one tester, and I likely never will.