Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave_s

Default unknown transistor

I've been stripping transistors from scrapped VCRs.

Now am cataloging the collection. Found many of a specific transistor.
"Do you have any spec or operational information on a
TO-92 device that carries the P/N's 3W2164 and T18006?"

My google search revealed nothing useful.

Thanks very much for any hints, Dave_S
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
sofie

Many times if you cannot find a cross reference for the numbers it usually
means that it is an "in-house" OEM part number. You can maybe find
something on the manufacturer's website or Sam's Photofact will usually have
substitutions listed if available. You can make some assumptions about the
transistor considering the location in the circuitry RF, AF, etc..... and
how it tests NPN/PNP, JFET, etc.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Dave_s" wrote in message
I've been stripping transistors from scrapped VCRs.

Now am cataloging the collection. Found many of a specific transistor.
"Do you have any spec or operational information on a
TO-92 device that carries the P/N's 3W2164 and T18006?"

My google search revealed nothing useful.

Thanks very much for any hints, Dave_S

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Asimov

"sofie" bravely wrote to "All" (25 Jan 06 13:37:15)
--- on the heady topic of " unknown transistor"

There is also what is termed a "digital transistor" with an internal
series base biasing resistor to match +5 volt logic swings. These tend
to have less common numbers too.

A*s*i*m*o*v

so From: "sofie"
so Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:356516

so Many times if you cannot find a cross reference for the numbers it
so usually means that it is an "in-house" OEM part number. You can maybe
so find something on the manufacturer's website or Sam's Photofact will
so usually have substitutions listed if available. You can make some
so assumptions about the transistor considering the location in the
so circuitry RF, AF, etc..... and how it tests NPN/PNP, JFET, etc.
so --
so Best Regards,
so Daniel Sofie
so Electronics Supply & Repair

so "Dave_s" wrote in message
so ...
I've been stripping transistors from scrapped VCRs.

Now am cataloging the collection. Found many of a specific transistor.
"Do you have any spec or operational information on a
TO-92 device that carries the P/N's 3W2164 and T18006?"

My google search revealed nothing useful.

Thanks very much for any hints, Dave_S

.... First Church of Binary Science (The Digitarians)