Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Default Sturdy Frequency Counter Recommendation

Leonard Martin wrote:
Hello! I've been reading the mail with pleasure. But I'm sad that it
seems like electronics has progressed so much that it's hard to have fun
with if you're only half-smart, like me. My solution is to work on old
tube radios.

For this I need a frequency counter that goes to maybe 500 MHZ (I might
want to use my ham ticket on VHF someday). I'd like it to be fairly
cheap (no more than $300) and above all reliable and sturdily built. I'd
like it to be new. I want this thing to last!

I've completely lost track of who makes such things and which makers are
good. Would anyone care to recommend a company or model or both? Even
the simplest knowledge would be more than I have now.

Thanks in advance

Leonard

You could look at some older high end counters on ebay, might find a
bargain there.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike Berger

Don't look for a bargain, look for good value. Some of those older
counters are extremely accurate and well made.