DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sturdy Frequency Counter Recommendation (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/141112-re-sturdy-frequency-counter-recommendation.html)

James Sweet January 20th 06 03:50 AM

Sturdy Frequency Counter Recommendation

Leonard Martin wrote:
Hello! I've been reading the mail with pleasure. But I'm sad that it
seems like electronics has progressed so much that it's hard to have fun
with if you're only half-smart, like me. My solution is to work on old
tube radios.

For this I need a frequency counter that goes to maybe 500 MHZ (I might
want to use my ham ticket on VHF someday). I'd like it to be fairly
cheap (no more than $300) and above all reliable and sturdily built. I'd
like it to be new. I want this thing to last!

I've completely lost track of who makes such things and which makers are
good. Would anyone care to recommend a company or model or both? Even
the simplest knowledge would be more than I have now.

Thanks in advance

Leonard

You could look at some older high end counters on ebay, might find a
bargain there.

Mike Berger January 20th 06 04:31 PM

Sturdy Frequency Counter Recommendation

Don't look for a bargain, look for good value. Some of those older
counters are extremely accurate and well made.