Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mikercana1

Default CTC203AX sound problem

I have a CTC203AX set with the common sound going away problem until,
the set is powered off and back on. Here is the internet person fix for
it;

I found this tip from Dennis Viereck website that helped me correct a
few
CTC203 no sound problems. There is a smd cap off of pin #1 of
U12101(LA7612N) whose glue at times goes conductive. Cap # is C309 if I
remember correctly, cap is good, just lift it and clean the glue off
the
board. Also check L12303

I have tried this but there was an issue with the labelling of cap
C309, off pin 1 of IC LA7612A is actually C304 I believe, also the
capacitor didn't resist my iron which was too big.
I would like to replace with an axial type but I do not know the value.
Would you someone else have the value for that cap?

Appreciate your help if you can.