Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba 34HF83 Problem

Hopefully my 2 year old tv isn't dead - I switched video modes to my
book pc and noticed that it was out of alignment, so I turned the tv on
and off to fix that problem, which always works. When it came back on,
I had a black screen and audio. I can see the OSD menu, but can't seem
to get a picture back, no matter which input / mode is used. Have reset
by unplugging for 15 minutes, tried analog cable directly into the set,
tried the front panel inputs with no luck. Went into the service menu
and can see the numbers/letters in the upper right corner.
Anyone have any suggestions other than getting it in for service?
tia
Sheila
Vancouver BC

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair
Tony Hwang

Erich J. Schultheis, The Man with the 15 inch Cock. wrote:

wrote:

Hopefully my 2 year old tv isn't dead - I switched video modes to my
book pc and noticed that it was out of alignment, so I turned the tv on
and off to fix that problem, which always works. When it came back on,
I had a black screen and audio. I can see the OSD menu, but can't seem
to get a picture back, no matter which input / mode is used. Have reset
by unplugging for 15 minutes, tried analog cable directly into the set,
tried the front panel inputs with no luck. Went into the service menu
and can see the numbers/letters in the upper right corner.
Anyone have any suggestions other than getting it in for service?
tia
Sheila
Vancouver BC

I see it's a recent model Toshiba, meaning it was probably made by
Onion electronics, the same company that ****s out Durabrand for
Wal-Mart, E-Gear at Target, laughable brand for television sets like
Sansui and Memorex, Admirals for Monkey Wards, Insignia (Best Buy),
Emerson and some JVCs as well as countless other brand that i can't
even think of at the moment. You're better off throwing that sack of
**** in the trash and buying a brand new telly.

Hi,
You better remember Onion is capable of producing anything. It all
depends on the spec. sheet coming with the order. When you demand
quality with proper price, quality is made. Don't paint them all with
one brush. Been to China and had some chance to tour some of places
where those are made? I did.
Tony
Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair
EF in FLA

I forgot to mention, don't suck dick in the service menu unless you
know what you are doing, or else you will end up with a busted TV.

A busted TV is precisely her problem.

ef

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

No, Toshiba 34HF83 was made by Toshiba, not by Orion. Very solid set,
but a lemon can always occur.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

Jeff, actually all Toshiba CRT sets are now made by Orion, regardless
of what size and price. Toshiba no longer manufactures any CRT
televisions.

Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair

Not true by what the repairman says. How about taking this one to a
different repair center. It may be cheaper.