Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dani

Default Sanyo 27" T.V.

M # AVM-2758S Chassis # G5G-2758SO Dead, horiz output
2SD1879 shorted, 1.0 uf @ 160 volt drive cap low, 4 amp fuse
blown. Works great, but output gets quite hot. No swollen HV
caps, or bad electrolytics. Should I replace the flyback?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias

"Dani" wrote in message
M # AVM-2758S Chassis # G5G-2758SO Dead, horiz output
2SD1879 shorted, 1.0 uf @ 160 volt drive cap low, 4 amp fuse
blown. Works great, but output gets quite hot. No swollen HV
caps, or bad electrolytics. Should I replace the flyback?

You could still have a timing cap bad. Also, is your replacement output
transistor an original? We've seen lots of problems with fakes.

The fact that it came in with a bad output though, tells me that there's an
underlying cause not yet discovered, like timing cap, B+ too high, etc.

Mark Z.