Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Loblaw

Default Mits WS-55859 Shutdown?

Hi group!

I'm trying to find the book of words/pictures for this set. It belongs to my
client who brought it from the US. Mits in Canada can't supply any docs so
I'm waiting to hear from Mits in the US.
Until then,
Set starts to come on, green led on front lights, HV comes up, then after
about 1-2 secs, shuts down. I don't have to remove AC to reset.
I'm hoping to avoid transporting this set. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Press device and menu buttons for 5 sec simultaneously then count the
flashes from LED for a 2 digit code. Post the results.

Leonard

"Bob Loblaw" wrote in message
Hi group!

I'm trying to find the book of words/pictures for this set. It belongs to
my client who brought it from the US. Mits in Canada can't supply any docs
so I'm waiting to hear from Mits in the US.
Until then,
Set starts to come on, green led on front lights, HV comes up, then after
about 1-2 secs, shuts down. I don't have to remove AC to reset.
I'm hoping to avoid transporting this set. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Loblaw

Hello Leonard:

Thank you very much for you help with this.

I had the customer follow these instructions. The code seems to be "22". It
sounds like it keeps repeating.

Kevin.

. ..

"Bob Loblaw" wrote in message
Hi group!

I'm trying to find the book of words/pictures for this set. It belongs to
my client who brought it from the US. Mits in Canada can't supply any
docs so I'm waiting to hear from Mits in the US.
Until then,
Set starts to come on, green led on front lights, HV comes up, then after
about 1-2 secs, shuts down. I don't have to remove AC to reset.
I'm hoping to avoid transporting this set. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Look for open fuses in the convergence supplies (+/-24v lines). If open you
likely have a bad output IC. If not, check C9A60 on power bd (470 pF 1KV).

Leonard

"Bob Loblaw" wrote in message
Hi group!

I'm trying to find the book of words/pictures for this set. It belongs
to my client who brought it from the US. Mits in Canada can't supply any
docs so I'm waiting to hear from Mits in the US.
Until then,
Set starts to come on, green led on front lights, HV comes up, then
after about 1-2 secs, shuts down. I don't have to remove AC to reset.
I'm hoping to avoid transporting this set. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Loblaw

Leonard:

I had checked any fuses I could see the first time out but I missed F9A05
which is in the -24V line. It was open so I have ordered a convergence o/p
IC.
Thanks a lot for the help!!