Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ed Wojciechowski

Default Sony Television Question

I have a 36" Sony, unsure of the model number right now, bought it early
'00, what's happening is when you turn it on, the picture either comes on
or there is nothing at all, you do get sound. Also, if the picture does
come on, it will crawl up the screen and then goes off, meaning the
picture. One more thing, when it does crawl up the screen the channel
number gets reversed if you punch in a number. What could be wrong? Thanks
in advance!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jumpster Jiver

Ed Wojciechowski wrote:

I have a 36" Sony, unsure of the model number right now, bought it early
'00, what's happening is when you turn it on, the picture either comes
on or there is nothing at all, you do get sound. Also, if the picture
does come on, it will crawl up the screen and then goes off, meaning the
picture. One more thing, when it does crawl up the screen the channel
number gets reversed if you punch in a number. What could be wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Without more specifics like model/chassis number, here's a generic
possibility.
I think it might be a fault in the vertical circuit. Look for bad
capacitors and/or loose connections there.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ed Wojciechowski

I'm DIY can of guy, can you give me a location for looking for loose
connections?

--On Friday, December 16, 2005 4:10 PM +0000 Jumpster Jiver
wrote:

Ed Wojciechowski wrote:

I have a 36" Sony, unsure of the model number right now, bought it early
'00, what's happening is when you turn it on, the picture either comes
on or there is nothing at all, you do get sound. Also, if the picture
does come on, it will crawl up the screen and then goes off, meaning the
picture. One more thing, when it does crawl up the screen the channel
number gets reversed if you punch in a number. What could be wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Without more specifics like model/chassis number, here's a generic
possibility. I think it might be a fault in the vertical circuit. Look
for bad capacitors and/or loose connections there.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

You want me to come and fix it for ya...?
Yikes get the Mag Glass out and go looking.

wrote:

Ed Wojciechowski wrote:

I have a 36" Sony, unsure of the model number right now, bought it early
'00, what's happening is when you turn it on, the picture either comes
on or there is nothing at all, you do get sound. Also, if the picture
does come on, it will crawl up the screen and then goes off, meaning the
picture. One more thing, when it does crawl up the screen the channel
number gets reversed if you punch in a number. What could be wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Without more specifics like model/chassis number, here's a generic
possibility. I think it might be a fault in the vertical circuit. Look
for bad capacitors and/or loose connections there.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Ed Wojciechowski wrote:
I'm DIY can of guy, can you give me a location for looking for loose
connections?

Nobody can tell you this without a magical crystal ball. Open it up,
turn the power on, and start poking around with an insulated stick.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Sounds faintly like a probable vertical circuit problem including filter
caps and output ic. Guessing that the inverted display is foldover at the
top of the raster?? Very probably you will require the service of a good
SONY technicnal to repair the item, or at least a service shop that does a
lot of Sony service work. Give them a call and pay the bill.
"James Sweet" wrote in message
newsAMof.435$aU4.81@trnddc06...