Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Eric

Default Primary color off because open circuit CRT heater

From another forum

Somebody says they have had a lot of CRT heaters go open circuit, causing
one of the primary colors to go off,

I have been in the trade about 30 years, fixing TV's & computer monitors, I
have had a lot of faults were one of the primary color has gone off, But I
have never had one of the heaters go off, in fact a work mate joked with me
once because we saw this fault-remedy given on Internet. sort of "right !!!
pull our other tit"

I have had my share of the heaters going off completely, e.g. all three, but
never one or two out of the three.

I would be interested to see what opinions you people have on the CRT heater
issue.