Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Primary color off because open circuit CRT heater

I have, only on a very few occasions, seen one of the heaters go out in a
colour tube. This is very rare. Usually when a CRT goes weak, it is not the
heater that is a fault. It is the electron guns that wear out. The CRT
heaters will usually work longer than the life span of the set.

--

JANA
_____

"Eric" wrote in message ...
From another forum

Somebody says they have had a lot of CRT heaters go open circuit, causing
one of the primary colors to go off,

I have been in the trade about 30 years, fixing TV's & computer monitors, I
have had a lot of faults were one of the primary color has gone off, But I
have never had one of the heaters go off, in fact a work mate joked with me
once because we saw this fault-remedy given on Internet. sort of "right !!!
pull our other tit"

I have had my share of the heaters going off completely, e.g. all three, but
never one or two out of the three.

I would be interested to see what opinions you people have on the CRT heater
issue.