john

Default Morphy richards trouser press timer repair

"Fergus McMenemie" wrote in message
. uk...
My Morphy richards trouser press has stopped working.

It is model number 49110. The push start timer unit no longer starts the
heater element. The red indicator lamp lights while the timer start
button is pressed but goes out when it is released. It should stay on
for 20min or so.

Opening the unit up I see a MC14541BCP based timer circuit. However
there is a PCB around a diode and resistor has overheated badly. The 1/2
watt resistor value is no longer readable. Anybody able to help with:-

schematic?
repair?
spares?

I really dont want to end up sending £70 when £1 worth of parts will fix
it.

You did well to open it up - I needed to fit an element to mine. The
construction is very poor. The next time mine failed I just went onto E-Bay
and bought another.

Good luck. (Sorry I can't help)