allan1066

Default 12 volt VCR Samsung/Visteon

I recently picked up a Samsung/Visteon VCR VR-2430. This is a 12 volt
unit for use in a car. I bought it knowing it had no power lead but
assumed it would just have a simple positive/negative supply, however
I find it has a four pin input.(See link to photos) Can anyone give me
some more info on this please.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210007.jpg

JR North

Unlikely. The 12V socket should be the pink one in the first picture.
There should be a diagram on the case showing the polarity of the plug.
No ac/dc device would have a 4 pin socket like that for a power cord.
JR

allan1066 wrote:

I recently picked up a Samsung/Visteon VCR VR-2430. This is a 12 volt
unit for use in a car. I bought it knowing it had no power lead but
assumed it would just have a simple positive/negative supply, however
I find it has a four pin input.(See link to photos) Can anyone give me
some more info on this please.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210008.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210007.jpg

allan1066

Hi JR - Thanks for the interest. Take a look at this next pic. and see
what you think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210009.jpg

James Sweet

allan1066 wrote:
Hi JR - Thanks for the interest. Take a look at this next pic. and see
what you think.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...6/PA210009.jpg

That's a Molex connector, look at the circuit board, which pins are
connected to something? It's possible the pins are paired for more
current handling.
Skype_man

If you look closely at the last of three pix you posted, you can
see that the top left connection goes to ground via a jumper.
The two pins soldered together on the pc board, are likely
ground. Check for continuity from them to ground anywhere
on the chassis. There is a battery (always 12 volts), & ACC
which is 12 volts (when the key is on). Sky.

Jumpster Jiver

JR North wrote:

Unlikely. The 12V socket should be the pink one in the first picture.
There should be a diagram on the case showing the polarity of the plug.
No ac/dc device would have a 4 pin socket like that for a power cord.
JR

Not true. I have a 12V Sony color monitor with the same type of jack
used for 12V DC input. Sorry I don't have the pinout but two pins are
ground, one is +12V and the other is for an external picture (contrast)
control.
allan1066

Thanks for the replies chaps. Looking from the rear, the lower left pin
is ground to the chassis,the two top pins are jumped together. Any
further ideas. I have found a matching plug to fit but at the moment
I'm a bit reluctant to apply power.