Fred

Default Ideas? Pioneer VSX-D608

Hi all,
I have the above reciever with a blown output IC on one of the main
channels. The protection circuit will not let the amp power on. Since it is
an older reciever I think it is a little too expensive to fix at a shop.

My question is, since I have a power amp for my mains can I somehow get past
the protection, and use it solely as a processor? Perhaps using the center
and rear channel amps?

Anybody have a parts unit around?

Just want something to get me by until I can buy the processor I want.
Thanks

Skype_man

Some of these Pioneer units can be a real dog to fix, &
nobody in my area will even touch them, unless they are
the older good, quality type. Some have two big IC's
for audio, & they are quite expensive. You can remove
one, or two, of the large IC's, but I'm not sure, if it will
work as you want it to, but it may. Sky.