Dave Bullock

Default Repair help please... C110 2m transceiver

Has anyone got a copy of (or know where to download) a service
handbook/schematic for the STANDARD C110 2m handheld transceiver.
Alternatively has anyone encountered a fault where it transmits &
receives, 10MHz above the indicated frequency on the thumbwheels?
I would imagine there's a down mixer and that the synth is not running
at signal frequency for this age of rig?
Are there jumpers/links inside that someone might have messed up, as it
will still transmit (out of band) with this feature/fault?
Could it be that this radio is set for some band other than Ham radio?
Please help.....thanks in anticipation...
Dave
Mike Berger

There are MARS and CAP frequencies that some of the Standard
radios could tune with factory-supported modifications --
often programmable. I don't know about that particular model
but I'd suspect that before I'd assume there was a problem.

Dave Bullock wrote:
Has anyone got a copy of (or know where to download) a service
handbook/schematic for the STANDARD C110 2m handheld transceiver.
Alternatively has anyone encountered a fault where it transmits &
receives, 10MHz above the indicated frequency on the thumbwheels?
I would imagine there's a down mixer and that the synth is not running
at signal frequency for this age of rig?
Are there jumpers/links inside that someone might have messed up, as it
will still transmit (out of band) with this feature/fault?
Could it be that this radio is set for some band other than Ham radio?
Please help.....thanks in anticipation...
Dave

Dave Bullock

Thanks Mike,

I will look into this as the radio seems to follow all the thumbwheel
readings other than the radio is 'out of band'
Dave

Dave Bullock wrote:

Has anyone got a copy of (or know where to download) a service
handbook/schematic for the STANDARD C110 2m handheld transceiver.
Alternatively has anyone encountered a fault where it transmits &
receives, 10MHz above the indicated frequency on the thumbwheels?
I would imagine there's a down mixer and that the synth is not running
at signal frequency for this age of rig?
Are there jumpers/links inside that someone might have messed up, as
it will still transmit (out of band) with this feature/fault?
Could it be that this radio is set for some band other than Ham radio?
Please help.....thanks in anticipation...
Dave

Dave Bullock

Kris Picking wrote:

Hi Kris,

Tried Googling for anythin to do with the C110 and drawn a deafening blank!

thanks...Dave

Dave Bullock wrote:

Has anyone got a copy of (or know where to download) a service
handbook/schematic for the STANDARD C110 2m handheld transceiver.
Alternatively has anyone encountered a fault where it transmits &
receives, 10MHz above the indicated frequency on the thumbwheels?
I would imagine there's a down mixer and that the synth is not running at
signal frequency for this age of rig?
Are there jumpers/links inside that someone might have messed up, as it
will still transmit (out of band) with this feature/fault?
Could it be that this radio is set for some band other than Ham radio?
Please help.....thanks in anticipation...
Dave

Fred McKenzie

In article , Dave Bullock
wrote:

Tried Googling for anythin to do with the C110 and drawn a deafening blank!

Dave-

I didn't find the C110 listed at

http://www.mods.dk

or

http://www.cqham.ru/sch_eng.html

but there might be models listed that are close. I wonder if the C510 is
related?

Fred
Dave Bullock

I dunno!
It has been suggested that it's a Marine handie.
I'm not so sure as it has 3 switches on the back Hi-LO power, 600Khz
shift TX and 600kHz shift RX.
I don't think they have Marine repeaters?

Thanks for your time....Dave