Cybernana

Default Hitachi LCD Rear Projection TV

We have had this TV for almost 2 yrs. Lately, if it's left on for awhile,
it shuts off automatically. We can't see anything in the manual about a
"timer" which maybe we have set (although I'm sure we haven't). Does it
heat up after prolonged use? It's very annoying since it always seems to
happen just when something crucial is about to happen in our programme, and
although the sound still works, you have to wait until it completely powers
down before you can turn it back on again. Does anyone else have this
problem, or know what might be causing it? Thx

Art

May want to have it service for intermittent shutdown. May be lamp or
ballast related or just the fact that the fans inside are getting clogged up
with dust and need to be serviced. Either way have it professionally
diagnosed. At that time you may also ask the technician about Hitachi's
pixel out specifications, which are in the training/service literature.
"Cybernana" wrote in message
.. .
We have had this TV for almost 2 yrs. Lately, if it's left on for awhile,
it shuts off automatically. We can't see anything in the manual about a
"timer" which maybe we have set (although I'm sure we haven't). Does it
heat up after prolonged use? It's very annoying since it always seems to
happen just when something crucial is about to happen in our programme,
and
although the sound still works, you have to wait until it completely
powers
down before you can turn it back on again. Does anyone else have this
problem, or know what might be causing it? Thx

Cybernana

Thx for you advice Art.

Cybernana wrote:
: We have had this TV for almost 2 yrs. Lately, if it's left on for awhile,
: it shuts off automatically. We can't see anything in the manual about a
: "timer" which maybe we have set (although I'm sure we haven't). Does it
: heat up after prolonged use? It's very annoying since it always seems to
: happen just when something crucial is about to happen in our programme, and
: although the sound still works, you have to wait until it completely powers
: down before you can turn it back on again. Does anyone else have this
: problem, or know what might be causing it? Thx

Also you might try posting your question on:

www.avsforum.com

There is a section for rear projection sets that include lcd.
James Sweet

wrote in message ...
Cybernana wrote:
: We have had this TV for almost 2 yrs. Lately, if it's left on for

awhile,
: it shuts off automatically. We can't see anything in the manual about a
: "timer" which maybe we have set (although I'm sure we haven't). Does it
: heat up after prolonged use? It's very annoying since it always seems

: happen just when something crucial is about to happen in our programme,

and
: although the sound still works, you have to wait until it completely

powers
: down before you can turn it back on again. Does anyone else have this
: problem, or know what might be causing it? Thx

Also you might try posting your question on:

www.avsforum.com

There is a section for rear projection sets that include lcd.

Could be a bad connection somewhere inside. The wait is normal though, most
of those metal halide lamps need to cool off before they'll restrike.