James Sweet

Default Hitachi LCD Rear Projection TV

wrote in message ...
Cybernana wrote:
: We have had this TV for almost 2 yrs. Lately, if it's left on for

awhile,
: it shuts off automatically. We can't see anything in the manual about a
: "timer" which maybe we have set (although I'm sure we haven't). Does it
: heat up after prolonged use? It's very annoying since it always seems

: happen just when something crucial is about to happen in our programme,

and
: although the sound still works, you have to wait until it completely

powers
: down before you can turn it back on again. Does anyone else have this
: problem, or know what might be causing it? Thx

Also you might try posting your question on:

www.avsforum.com

There is a section for rear projection sets that include lcd.

Could be a bad connection somewhere inside. The wait is normal though, most
of those metal halide lamps need to cool off before they'll restrike.