Default Hitachi Rear Projection Color Alignment

Hi everyone,

I have a 15 year old Hitachi rear projection that I can no longer align to
my satisfaction, particularly the red gun. It is showing rather severe
pin-cusioning on all colors and some of the front-access color alignment
knobs to correct it are, after many years of adjusting, now at their
extremes. Before I call a service professional, might there be other
places inside the unit to make futher adjustment (or some relatively
simple component replacements that I could make). I am just average with
a soldering iron.

Thanks,
Bryan (drop the X if you e-mail me)

James Sweet

wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have a 15 year old Hitachi rear projection that I can no longer align to
my satisfaction, particularly the red gun. It is showing rather severe
pin-cusioning on all colors and some of the front-access color alignment
knobs to correct it are, after many years of adjusting, now at their
extremes. Before I call a service professional, might there be other
places inside the unit to make futher adjustment (or some relatively
simple component replacements that I could make). I am just average with
a soldering iron.

Thanks,
Bryan (drop the X if you e-mail me)

You probably have some failing capacitors, nothing you can adjust out.

Jerry G.

This is not an adjustment. There are most likely many failing capacitors
from age and heat. The service man can troubleshoot your set to week them
out and change them. It is also possible to have other types of components
be weak in a set of this age. I would also consider that the tubes may be
soft as well.

One suggestion would be to shop for a new set rather than sink money in to
something this old!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG