James Sweet

Default Hitachi Rear Projection Color Alignment

wrote in message
Hi everyone,

I have a 15 year old Hitachi rear projection that I can no longer align to
my satisfaction, particularly the red gun. It is showing rather severe
pin-cusioning on all colors and some of the front-access color alignment
knobs to correct it are, after many years of adjusting, now at their
extremes. Before I call a service professional, might there be other
places inside the unit to make futher adjustment (or some relatively
simple component replacements that I could make). I am just average with
a soldering iron.

Thanks,
Bryan (drop the X if you e-mail me)

You probably have some failing capacitors, nothing you can adjust out.