Thaqalain

Default DVD Remote Battery,leakages around CR2025

Remote for my 6 month old purchased DVD(CyberHome-WallMart)stopped
working since long:when I took out original CR2025 3V,I have seen
leakages(white salty material contamination)around it,I fixed CR not
2025,3V from a dead CPU,shake remote,it start working.
Want to know reason of contamination,any effect as new battery is not
CR 2025,but having CR#-3V.
What does CR represent

Thaqalain

I just read that:

Never subject the battery to severe shock.
Dropping, throwing or stomping on the battery may cause distortion,
leakage, overheating, explosion, or fire.

Never expose the battery to ultrasonic sound.
Exposing the battery to ultrasonic sound may cause short-circuiting
because the inside material is broken into pieces, leading to
distortion, leakage,
overheating, explosion, or fire.

The replaced battery currently in use is RENATA CR2032,Swiss made.While
original was NewSun CR2025,Japani made.Can i clean it with alcohol and
try to reuse?I mean is it safe?

Thaqalain:
Just go to WalMart or Radio Shack, open up your wallet, take out
several bucks, and BUY a new, correct number CR2025, replacement
battery instead of farting around with the wrong one that is leaking,
and will leak again for sure.
electricitym
..
..

Thaqalain

Remote working well with CR2032,I may clean CR2025 to put it in my dead
CPU.

Thaqalain wrote:
Remote working well with CR2032,I may clean CR2025 to put it in my dead
CPU.

Please, throw the leaking thing out...

---
Met vriendelijke groet,