Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Skew

Default 36" TVs, clicking sound at power-up, no picture

My 7 year old 36" RCA TV stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I'd try
turning it on, I'd hear 3-6 clicks that sounded like the relay clicks
during power-on, and then it would stop with nothing happening. I've
been too busy to troubleshoot it so far, but that was my plan.

An old neighbor of mine called about his 5 year old Sony 36" WEGA doing
the same thing, right down to the click count. I thought I better ask
on here if this is a semi-common problem before tackling it blindly,
since I'm merely a wanna-be tech and not a full-fledged TV repair
person.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.