Mike Berger

The clicking is an indication that the power supply is trying
to start up and detects a fault. The number of clicks is
usually dependent on how many attempts it makes to turn on
before quitting, and not an indication of where the problem lies.

The trouble might be in the power supply itself, or one of the
circuits it feeds.

Skew wrote:
My 7 year old 36" RCA TV stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I'd try
turning it on, I'd hear 3-6 clicks that sounded like the relay clicks
during power-on, and then it would stop with nothing happening. I've
been too busy to troubleshoot it so far, but that was my plan.

An old neighbor of mine called about his 5 year old Sony 36" WEGA doing
the same thing, right down to the click count. I thought I better ask
on here if this is a semi-common problem before tackling it blindly,
since I'm merely a wanna-be tech and not a full-fledged TV repair
person.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.