Tom MacIntyre

On 22 Aug 2005 10:22:33 -0700, "Skew" wrote:

My 7 year old 36" RCA TV stopped working about 3 weeks ago. I'd try
turning it on, I'd hear 3-6 clicks that sounded like the relay clicks
during power-on, and then it would stop with nothing happening. I've
been too busy to troubleshoot it so far, but that was my plan.

An old neighbor of mine called about his 5 year old Sony 36" WEGA doing
the same thing, right down to the click count. I thought I better ask
on here if this is a semi-common problem before tackling it blindly,
since I'm merely a wanna-be tech and not a full-fledged TV repair
person.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

For the RCA, if it'll come on in Service Mode, it may mean that you
have an I2C (communication and control) bus problem. I don't recall
how to do it; it's a combination of 2 or 3 front panel controls. Don't
do anything but determine if it'll come on, as, without knowledge and
experience, you can really mess things up in Service Mode.

Tom