les

Default replacing rubber belts

Hello........
I have a number of older machines (VCR,answering,...)
that have old, worn belts.
I'm having a hard time sourcing replacement belts. I assume
someone still has them (even the manufacturers are dropping
these)

Please send me some ideas...........TNX
Les KA9GLW

N Cook

"les" wrote in message ...
Hello........
I have a number of older machines (VCR,answering,...)
that have old, worn belts.
I'm having a hard time sourcing replacement belts. I assume
someone still has them (even the manufacturers are dropping
these)

Please send me some ideas...........TNX
Les KA9GLW

Some hints for cutting your own, especially the flat ones that seem
impossible to get. Cut down inner-tubes may vary in thickness and
look awful but as the tension in a band is constant it seems to be ok
for all but the most discriminating of uses.
tips buried on
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tips.htm or
http://www.divdev.fsnet.co.uk/tips2.htm

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Les:
Do you Google search ? or Yahoo ? or another search engine ?
In less than 10 seconds after I typed in "vcr belts" and clicked on
search web I had 144,000 hits with the first several dozen being good
sources and suppliers for the various equipment belts you are seeking.
Let your fingers do the walking.... I find that Google Web Search is
real good for finding what you need.... always try it first.
Lots of belts are readily available and are NOT hard to source. The
Internet is a good tool to use to find suppliers for these and other
"hard to find" parts.
electricitym
..
..
..

GregS

In article .com, wrote:
Les:
Do you Google search ? or Yahoo ? or another search engine ?

I would also recommend Gigablast.

http://www.gigablast.com/

les

THANK YOU !
I'll jump over there and look. All my old sources "dried up"
due to the integration of newer IC's, as you well know.

Les