Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
jakdedert

"NSM" wrote in message
news:FNfBe.122054$9A2.47597@edtnps89...

"jakdedert" wrote in message
. ..

Bullhockie!

Simply unplug the phone from the telephone jack and turn it on. Leave

it
that way until the light goes out, then recharge. You might want to

repeat
this a couple of times...or you might want to simply get a new battery

and
try that. They're not 'that' expensive.

Balderdash! That isn't "very carefully putting a load across the battery
pack".

Just 'how' carefully must one put a load across the battery? The original
advice was to not do it at all, unless one had some arcane technical
know-how, implying that it was dangerous. I merely pointed out that it was
not all that difficult, and not dangerous at all, if done as outlined.

Someone *emailed* me to say that it might not be possible to do as I
detailed. To that person: I've not seen a phone which will hang up on its
own, as postulated. Perhaps there are some out there. In any case, please
limit your replies to this forum. It's bad form to email a reply.

jak