John

Default Toshiba CF3060K HOT repair advice

Hello all. This TV died a year ago, and it's been sitting in the living
room ever since. Wife said to fix it or toss it out. It's too big to haul
outside by myself, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I got the Sam's, and found that the HOT (2SD1428) was bad. Bought one, put
it in and it immediately blew again.

From lurking around in this newsgroup, I see that I should suspect some of
the associated capacitors on the emitter, and perhaps the flyback. Just
checking things with a DMM doesn't reveal anything obvious, the flyback and
yoke seem to have reasonable resistance according to Sam's, nothing else is
outright shorted.

I can get a lot of the parts pretty cheaply, so I thought I'd just go ahead
and replace the flyback, the caps around the HOT, and maybe even the input
transformer. I don't have the test equipment to test much, other than my
DMM, and I usually shy away from the HV sections of anything.

I can't find the HV caps for this beast at a reasonable price. Can anyone
point me toward an inexpensive source of .0082 and .0056uf @ 1.6kv caps?

If you think I'm just ****ing in the wind by doing this, unless I'm checking
for (*insert item here*) please jump in and let me know!

thanks,

John

Art

May also want ot check the supply voltages to the deflection circuits. if
you are losing regulation, B+ going too high, may cause some of your
symptoms. A couple of the caps in the vertical circuit have been know to
cause problems in that specific area also.
"John" wrote in message
Hello all. This TV died a year ago, and it's been sitting in the living
room ever since. Wife said to fix it or toss it out. It's too big to haul
outside by myself, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I got the Sam's, and found that the HOT (2SD1428) was bad. Bought one,
put
it in and it immediately blew again.

From lurking around in this newsgroup, I see that I should suspect some of
[...]

John

thanks. I'll look at that.

John

"John" wrote in message
Hello all. This TV died a year ago, and it's been sitting in the living
room ever since. Wife said to fix it or toss it out. It's too big to

haul
outside by myself, so I thought I'd give it a go.

I got the Sam's, and found that the HOT (2SD1428) was bad. Bought one,
put
it in and it immediately blew again.

From lurking around in this newsgroup, I see that I should suspect some

of
[...]

GE refrigerator warranty repair misery [email protected] Home Ownership 6 March 13th 05 04:29 AM
Toshiba screen repair Overpar1 Electronics Repair 3 February 18th 05 02:44 AM
VCR repair advice Eric G Electronics Repair 9 January 13th 04 12:52 AM
Wall Repair Advice ripper UK diy 3 January 12th 04 08:47 AM
Freezer - what to check before resorting to repair man - advice needed Nigel UK diy 1 September 10th 03 10:48 PM