Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ellie

Default Fans inside a computer tower?

Hi,

I recently bought a new computer, in a Li-Lian chassis, which comes
equipped with three small fans: two at the front to draw air in, and one
at the back to help drive air out.

I have discovered that none of these three fans are ever turning.
Removing a side of the chassis, I see that their leads are neatly tied
up and don't go anywhere, i.e. none of the three fans are connected to
power. However, right before the fan at the back is a fourth and
separate fan which is part of quite a large device that has the word
"Freezer" on it. I think this unit contains the main CPU (or whatever
it is that is in danger of overheating). The fan which is part of this
device begins revolving whenever the computer is switched on and it
directs air out the rear hole (between the stationary blades of the fan
in that hole).

Is it possible that the three integrated fans have been purposely
disconnected because of the fitting of the "Freezer" device containing
the fourth fan?

If people in this group feel the three integrated fans should be
operating too, I will feel more confident returning the computer to the
shop which supplied it and set it up for me.

Thanks.

Ellie.