Dave Moore

Default Mitsubishi TV CS-3506 What is proper B+ voltage ? alt. ref: CS-3506R CS3506 CS 3506 CS3506R CS 3506R

Hello,
I just fixed this Mitsu CS-3506 in a trade deal with
a friend of mine. Crikey after replacing every
Nichicon black cap with a " + " stamped into the
top of the can and also hours of reworking electrolyte
damaged traces I think I'm about ready to make the
drive and put the chassi back into the set.

Before I pulled the chassi out, I measured B+
to the HV section to be 149 V
None of the Mitsu schematics I have for other sets
indicate any B+ this high.
Could this be normal for this model,
or should I take a closer look at the SMPS
regulation before I reinstall the chassi
and fire this puppy up?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave Moore

Thanks Leonard,
I don't have the chassi handy but I'll lay odds
that C916 was probably one of the some 20
or more caps I replaced so maybe that problem
has already been fixed. I guess I'll try to power
up at least the SMPS on the bench and verify this.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote

: Should be 130VDC. Check C916.
:
: Leonard
:

: "Dave Moore" wrote
:
[...]

Leonard Caillouet

You will likely need to replace the regulator if the B+ is too high and the
caps are good. There is also a green ceramic in that PS that changes value,
IIRC. You might want to check.

Leonard

"Dave Moore" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Dave Moore

Thanks for the heads up
I'll keep that in mind when I get back to it next week
as my plans for this week have been reordered so that
I might finish a new guitar amp design in time for another
friend before he starts recording his new CD this Saturday

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message news:LDOAe.35717$up5.3516@lakeread02...
: You will likely need to replace the regulator if the B+ is too high and the
: caps are good. There is also a green ceramic in that PS that changes value,
: IIRC. You might want to check.
:
: Leonard
:
: "Dave Moore" wrote in message
: .. .
: Thanks Leonard,
: I don't have the chassi handy but I'll lay odds
: that C916 was probably one of the some 20
: or more caps I replaced so maybe that problem
: has already been fixed. I guess I'll try to power
: up at least the SMPS on the bench and verify this.
:
:
: "Leonard Caillouet" wrote
: