Leonard Caillouet

You will likely need to replace the regulator if the B+ is too high and the
caps are good. There is also a green ceramic in that PS that changes value,
IIRC. You might want to check.

Leonard

"Dave Moore" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Leonard,
I don't have the chassi handy but I'll lay odds
that C916 was probably one of the some 20
or more caps I replaced so maybe that problem
has already been fixed. I guess I'll try to power
up at least the SMPS on the bench and verify this.

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote

: Should be 130VDC. Check C916.
:
: Leonard
:

: "Dave Moore" wrote
:
: Hello,
: I just fixed this Mitsu CS-3506 in a trade deal with
: a friend of mine. Crikey after replacing every
: Nichicon black cap with a " + " stamped into the
: top of the can and also hours of reworking electrolyte
: damaged traces I think I'm about ready to make the
: drive and put the chassi back into the set.
:
: Before I pulled the chassi out, I measured B+
: to the HV section to be 149 V
: None of the Mitsu schematics I have for other sets
: indicate any B+ this high.
: Could this be normal for this model,
: or should I take a closer look at the SMPS
: regulation before I reinstall the chassi
: and fire this puppy up?
:
: Thanks,
: Dave