Dave Moore

Thanks for the heads up
I'll keep that in mind when I get back to it next week
as my plans for this week have been reordered so that
I might finish a new guitar amp design in time for another
friend before he starts recording his new CD this Saturday

"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in message news:LDOAe.35717$up5.3516@lakeread02...
: You will likely need to replace the regulator if the B+ is too high and the
: caps are good. There is also a green ceramic in that PS that changes value,
: IIRC. You might want to check.
:
: Leonard
:
: "Dave Moore" wrote in message
: .. .
: Thanks Leonard,
: I don't have the chassi handy but I'll lay odds
: that C916 was probably one of the some 20
: or more caps I replaced so maybe that problem
: has already been fixed. I guess I'll try to power
: up at least the SMPS on the bench and verify this.
:
:
: "Leonard Caillouet" wrote
:
: : Should be 130VDC. Check C916.
: :
: : Leonard
: :
:
: : "Dave Moore" wrote
: :
: : Hello,
: : I just fixed this Mitsu CS-3506 in a trade deal with
: : a friend of mine. Crikey after replacing every
: : Nichicon black cap with a " + " stamped into the
: : top of the can and also hours of reworking electrolyte
: : damaged traces I think I'm about ready to make the
: : drive and put the chassi back into the set.
: :
: : Before I pulled the chassi out, I measured B+
: : to the HV section to be 149 V
: : None of the Mitsu schematics I have for other sets
: : indicate any B+ this high.
: : Could this be normal for this model,
: : or should I take a closer look at the SMPS
: : regulation before I reinstall the chassi
: : and fire this puppy up?
: :
: : Thanks,
: : Dave