Default 20" Goldstar tv model:CN-20B90,chassis:NC-4JA

20" Goldstar tv model:CN-20B90,chassis:NC-4JA,year:Sept 1995,CSA File
no:LR80622.I need the part # for R811=180 ohm,25w (ceramic stand up) as
I could use these on the tv's listed below:

To know why I need one you can read below:

We in the past several years have noticed alot of those cheap 25" Orion
chassis tv's come into our repair shops with a domino effect of failed
parts due to a high ESR C446=1 Uf,160v=horizontal driver transformer
cap.The value of R506 and a part # seems to be a popular issue well the
value is 180 ohm,20 watt cement and I finally found a part #:

Panasonic # ERF20ZJ181
Orion # R5W2CH181J

Or you can try using:

150 ohm,20w=Sony # 1-205-938-11

For more info on what I am talking about read below:

25" Durabrand stereo tv modelBTV2500,chassis:M3I05,year:Oct
2000,UL:289X=Orion.Howard W.Sams # 4430.The customer turned it on one
day and it shut off.Upon inspection I discovered the following to be
defective:

C446=1 uf,160v=horizontal driver transformer cap=high ESR
Q401=2SD2499=HOT transistor (shorted)
R506=180 ohm,20 watt (open)= Orion # R5W2CH181J (cement)= 25W power
wirewound resistor NTE # 25W118
=Panasonic # ERF20ZJ181 or you can try using a 150 ohm,20w Sony #
1-205-938-11
R515=1.5 ohm,3 watt (metal)=Orion # R3X28B1R5J NTE # 3W1D5 (feedback
from pin 3=input & pin 4=output of IC501=STR30110) (open)=Orion #
R3X28B1R5J (metal)
IC501=STR30110=pins 3 (input) & pins 4 (output) are shorted

This tv uses the following parts:

FB401=Flyback # FCM-25C001 (Samsung) or 3225010 (Emerson)
Yoke # 7M062505
RCA crt # 63AHC26X

This set is the same as a Memorex MT2251,so you can go to the Memorex
site and download the Service Manual.This set is similar to
Orion/Sansui TV2520 and TVM2515 and the service manuals can be download
free at:

http://www.schematicsforfree.mattsoft.net
http://www.memorex.com
http://ads.hopperinc.com/form/produc...search.asp?t=1
http://www.memorexelectronics.com

search on Google using those models I discovered that some of the
brands listed below also use that Orion chassis:

Orion
Admiral
Memorex
Sansui
Citizen

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Inty

ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
20" Goldstar tv model:CN-20B90,chassis:NC-4JA,year:Sept 1995,CSA File
no:LR80622.I need the part # for R811=180 ohm,25w (ceramic stand up) as
I could use these on the tv's listed below:

To know why I need one you can read below:

We in the past several years have noticed alot of those cheap 25" Orion
chassis tv's come into our repair shops with a domino effect of failed

http://tinypic.com/6nysyf.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6nyt1u.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6nyt6o.jpg
is this one ? If yes, it's a real ORION, and isn't a complex chassis, but
fails with the domino-effect you have described... this TV is also sold
remarked by Memorex, or maybe Memorex is the costructor ?

But if this set have those components ?
uC SAA5290PS + EEPROM 24C02
PSU Driver TDA16846
Vertical amplifier TDA3654
Video processor and delay line TDA8361A + TDA4665
Video amplifier TDA6107Q
Audio amplifier TDA7056A
Cathodic Ray Tube A59EHJ by Thomson
if yes, and has "G605" or "G705" it isn't a real ORION : it's only a copy,
with the brand "ORION" used illegally ! This one hasn't any identification
information, only ORION Gx05 ! The chassis seems to be a Philips, because
the components are named with four numbers... but it isn't a Philips ! It's
only a clone, a bad made clone ! Here the photo :

http://tinypic.com/6nywr8.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6nywsn.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6nyy49.jpg
http://tinypic.com/6nyy6g.jpg

I.

So someone is making an elcheapo clone and illegally using the
?QUALITY? Orion brand name to sell its product?

That just does not make any sense. Orion is known for some of the
lowest quality and lowest priced junk already, why would anyone bother
trying to sell under that name? Like they would make much money doing
that scam?

It is more likely that Orion like the rest of the junk brands listed,
is now just a name that has been sold several times over to the highest
bidder.

Sorry for the confusion but this Goldstar tv in no way has any
relations to those cheap Orion chassis tv's I was stating that this 180
ohm resistor is used in those cheap Orion 25" & up chassis so I decided
to include their info to help other techs in the future when coming
across those units.
I still need the Goldstar part # for that R811=180 ohm,25 watt,here are
other Goldstar models that share the same chassis:

Same as GCT1904MN & CN20A82G & CN20A84G

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada

Inty wrote:
ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
[...]

Tom MacIntyre

On 1 Jul 2005 16:46:18 -0700, wrote:

20" Goldstar tv model:CN-20B90,chassis:NC-4JA,year:Sept 1995,CSA File
no:LR80622.I need the part # for R811=180 ohm,25w (ceramic stand up) as
I could use these on the tv's listed below:

Why not this?

http://mcm.newark.com/NewarkWebComme...SKU=25W118&N=0

If they are not stand-up, use the stand-up shell of the originals to
make them so.

Tom (fellow Bluenoser, to the NNE of you in Cape Breton)

[...]

Tom I have that NTE part # listed but NTE parts now take 2 or more
weeks to get where as I could get the Goldstar part for only 3 days
directly from Goldstars Ontario wherehouse with free shipping and as
you know Goldstar's prices are low.
By the way how come you stopped repairing? if so if you have any
customers that are moving to Dartmouth/Halifax do you mind sending them
my way?.Thanks.

Sidney
Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
Canada
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/May02/May18.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyAudMod.html
http://www.newark.com/product-detail...ge/32-9495.jpg
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct028.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct02/Oct029.html
http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/Oct04/Oct041.html

Tom MacIntyre wrote:
[...]

Inty

ha scritto nel messaggio
ups.com...

That just does not make any sense. Orion is known for some of the
lowest quality and lowest priced junk already, why would anyone bother

All the ORION tubes that i had over 10-15 years !

trying to sell under that name? Like they would make much money doing
that scam?

I don't really know, but those clones are unexpensive and have an horrible
picture, they are good only for cannibalization ;-)

It is more likely that Orion like the rest of the junk brands listed,
is now just a name that has been sold several times over to the highest
bidder.

Maybe someone used Orion brand to sell factory-damaged products, i.e. those
Gx05 seem Philips because they use only Philips components, have four number
component numeration, but haven't any Philips brand... it maybe a Philips
damaged set... also the front panel seems to be Formenti/SchaubLorenz/Selèco
!!! It maybe a mixture of junked defective products sold by someone using
Orion brand...

I.