Default Radio Shack Amplified VHF/UHF Power Supply

Hello,
I have a Radio Shack Amplified VHF/UHF antenna RS 15-2181 that is
missing the power supply/interface module. Does Radio Shack make all
their adapters the same so I could use any adapter from any remote
amplifier? Does anyone have a schematic for the adapter? What is the
voltage that is injected onto the COAX? Could I inject the power
directly into the amplifier in the antenna with a direct power
connection (not through the coax)? The antenna is attic mounted so I
don't have to worry about weather.
Thanks for any input or ideas,
Ted

NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I have a Radio Shack Amplified VHF/UHF antenna RS 15-2181 that is
missing the power supply/interface module. Does Radio Shack make all
their adapters the same so I could use any adapter from any remote
amplifier? Does anyone have a schematic for the adapter? What is the
voltage that is injected onto the COAX? Could I inject the power
directly into the amplifier in the antenna with a direct power
connection (not through the coax)? The antenna is attic mounted so I
don't have to worry about weather.
Thanks for any input or ideas,
Ted

Catalog # 15-2181 Bidirectional "Swept-Wing" Antenna for Local TV Channels

Owner's Manual
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc66/66676.pdf

Detailed Parts List
http://support.radioshack.com/suppor...oc68/68446.htm

Sorry,
I should have noted that I got the manual and the no parts list
available message from the Radio Shack site. The manual only makes one
small reference to the power adapter. I got more from looking at the
15-2185 product in the catalog that lists all the parts and shows how
to connect the power adapter in the manual.
Thanks,
Ted

Thanks,
Now that I've looked at other configurations, I agree the DC input is
likely 12VDC. I think I will keep an eye out for the injector at local
garage sales. Hmmm, I wonder what the polarity of the DC is on the
coax. Probably center conduct is +.

No, there is no separate DC input connection at the antenna. I was
thinking I'd just modify the amplifier to supply external power (not
from the coax). The antenna is in the attic so it won't see real
weather. I am assuming there is a choke between the center conductor of
the coax and the power supply in the amplifier that allows the DC from
the coax to pass but stops the RF. If I disconnect ths choke from the
coax, the local amplifier power will not back feed the coax and damage
anything on the receiving side. Then I can supply the DC between the
open end of the choke and ground.

I just noticed the cover of my R-S catalog. It says, "You've got
questions. We've got answers." So then why am I still asking questions?
;-)
Ted

NSM

wrote in message
oups.com...

I just noticed the cover of my R-S catalog. It says, "You've got
questions. We've got answers." So then why am I still asking questions?

In what part of that slogan did you see them say they weren't stupid
answers?

Sony VCR Power Supply Don Satman Electronics Repair 9 January 23rd 04 05:48 PM
Switch mode power supply as a float charger Mike M. Electronics Repair 1 January 17th 04 12:40 AM
testing ATX power supply tempus fugit Electronics Repair 12 January 13th 04 05:03 PM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Sony KV-2782R Power supply, and KV-2785R same. John Wright Electronics Repair 0 October 23rd 03 02:15 AM