Travis Jordan

No, there is no separate DC input connection at the antenna. I was
thinking I'd just modify the amplifier to supply external power (not
from the coax). The antenna is in the attic so it won't see real
weather. I am assuming there is a choke between the center conductor
of the coax and the power supply in the amplifier that allows the DC
from the coax to pass but stops the RF. If I disconnect ths choke
from the coax, the local amplifier power will not back feed the coax
and damage anything on the receiving side. Then I can supply the DC
between the open end of the choke and ground.

That's a lot of work for $34 (the cost of an inline amp with PS from
R/S). Wouldn't you have to run power to the antenna location? Plus all
the effort in modifying the antenna. Besides, using a separate inline
amp gives you the flexibility of upgrading the antenna later if you want
to.

It is your time and your money, so you decide. But if it were me, I'd
take the easy route.