Rono

Default RCA Projo troubles!

I got three of the model # D52W19, chassis # ITC222
RCA 52" HDTV Projection T.V.'s in for repair. One
has the green CRT leaked, coolant gone everywhere,
mind you, not a lot, and the blue CRT drive pcb is bad.
it's warranty, & they recommend raplacing the whole
CRT assy, only $ 100 + approx. Got another one with
the rf broke off, & had to reconverge the whole screen.
The third one has the red CRT arking, causing shutdown.
These are store stock, & not even sold yet!

My question is: "Are these really that bad of a set"?

Yes. They have replaced at least 4 customer sets that I know of due to
them failing within first 90 days and parts not being available, right
after the model was introduced.

Jason D.

On Wed, 18 May 2005 19:26:38 -0230, "Rono" wrote:

I got three of the model # D52W19, chassis # ITC222
RCA 52" HDTV Projection T.V.'s in for repair. One
has the green CRT leaked, coolant gone everywhere,
mind you, not a lot, and the blue CRT drive pcb is bad.
it's warranty, & they recommend raplacing the whole
CRT assy, only $ 100 + approx. Got another one with
the rf broke off, & had to reconverge the whole screen.
The third one has the red CRT arking, causing shutdown.
These are store stock, & not even sold yet!

My question is: "Are these really that bad of a set"?

Yup that's how bad it is. I hate those!! Effects all plastic bodied
RCA projectors. (ATC221, ITC222, one other as well.)

Watch there is slight differences in same service model numbers, one
has "B" in it is not same as ones without "B" in it.

Example: x52W19BYX1 & x52W19YX1.

I now have collection of bad CRTs or coolant leakers CRT growing at
alarming rate from those plastic projectors.

Soon, I'll asking about one model that stubbornly shuts down in use
even all CRTs was replaced. None was leaking anything and one had bad
spot intially. Needed to do this because I can't balance them
according to service manual instructions without upsetting projector.
Now it shuts down with customer's picture standard settings but while
in custom picture settings, it shuts down. By the way that's DTV307
chassis. Very heavy and not a light box so must disassemble to
transport chassis (is a base!), another cursed chassis. But I'm glad
this one is not as common.

As aside, another shoddies showed up in CTC203 as well, I don't mind
the glue thing but mute pin is not functional by design, micro raised
mute at same time as power off so get the "POP!" instead of raising
the mute signal then power off in sequence to prevent that "POP". Not
in EEPROM,this is programmed in the micro and there's no bulletin for
that!

Cheers, Wizard
Art

In stock with CRT Leakage, Thomson may still have an R/A Procedure in place
for this situation. Thay have replaced these in-stock sets in the past for
the leakage problems.
"Jason D." wrote in message
[...]

Delta 14" Lathe troubles TDUP Woodturning 3 February 8th 05 01:31 AM
Toshiba TV troubles [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 February 7th 05 11:04 PM
Old Philips Magnavox Model XL8530 AK01 Projo - No Power Ron Novini Electronics Repair 1 May 26th 04 04:10 PM
mitsu-vs-5020r projo no picture wolf Electronics Repair 1 March 13th 04 02:59 PM
Pioneer SD-P55A3-K projo, I think you're right Jammy @ ampdoc Ron Novini Electronics Repair 1 February 9th 04 03:54 PM