Default what is this part called?

Its from a 52X sony dc-rw drive and its a toggle switch used to detect
whether the door is open or closed. Its basically a microswitch with a
white actuator arm that can be toggled left or right and returns to center
via spring action. This one I have is defective and would like to be able
to search under its proper name at digikey or someplace. Thanks!

JANA

I would start under micro switches. You can do a general web search to look
for something as close as possible. There is a good chance that the one in
the drive was custom made for them. If you find something that is close, you
may have to do some improvisation.

It is unfortunate, that the manufactures refuse to sell parts, or supply any
service information for their products. They want us to throw everything
away when the warranty is finished.

--

JANA
_____

"S" wrote in message
Its from a 52X sony dc-rw drive and its a toggle switch used to detect
whether the door is open or closed. Its basically a microswitch with a
white actuator arm that can be toggled left or right and returns to center
via spring action. This one I have is defective and would like to be able
to search under its proper name at digikey or someplace. Thanks!

Mark

your best bet might be to buy another drive like that one on e-bay for
parts

Mark

Do little Jr

"S" wrote in message
I've decided to do as the manufacturer desires and scrap the drive-curse
them anyway--when we live in a garbage choked world i hope they'll be
happy....

We all will be happy when people decide that all those
toys aren't really necessary in order to live a happy life!

-----
Millions long for immortality who don't know what
to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.