Mad Ad

Default Bush TV pincusion problem

I've a Bush 2871NTX 28" CRT that has suddenly developed a frame fault.

It switches randomly between a square frame and a unadjusted pincusion shape
(bowing of the bottom and top). In all other respects its ok.

If I wiggle the socket on the back it changes to and from a square frame,
hence I suspect a dry joint somewhere.

Would anyone care to guess where that might be based on the fault?

Ive searched the web and found a suggestion that it might be in a coil
somewhere however if I can alter it just wiggling the socket then its
probably going to be hard to trace without a scope because anywhere I tap it
will change it.

Any suggestions before I crack it open? SHMBO is getting narky so I have to
do something and a dry joint is much cheaper to fix than buying a new TV.

(note, yes I am familiar with safety needs working with HT currents where
TVs are concerned- just I don't do TVs unless I have to)

Thanks for any help

Ad

Jumpster Jiver

Mad Ad wrote:

[...]

The area on the circuit board might actually be marked "pincusion" or
"pc" or you will just have to look for it near the flyback transformer
half of the board.

Mad Ad

"Jumpster Jiver" wrote in message

Mad Ad wrote:

[...]

Ok, good idea, thanks for that, ill have a look for the markings.

Ad

Pol: More outdoorsmen support Kerry than Bush Florida Patriot Woodworking 0 October 22nd 04 09:36 PM
Bush dishonesty: Falsely denies owning timber company (during debate) Florida Patriot Woodworking 28 October 15th 04 10:06 PM
GW Bush dalecue Metalworking 3 September 6th 04 10:49 PM
Wiring problem A Nony Mous Home Repair 10 May 28th 04 03:00 AM
philips32d7 pincusion problem brian Electronics Repair 1 September 16th 03 04:05 AM