Mad Ad

Default Bush TV pincusion problem

I've a Bush 2871NTX 28" CRT that has suddenly developed a frame fault.

It switches randomly between a square frame and a unadjusted pincusion shape
(bowing of the bottom and top). In all other respects its ok.

If I wiggle the socket on the back it changes to and from a square frame,
hence I suspect a dry joint somewhere.

Would anyone care to guess where that might be based on the fault?

Ive searched the web and found a suggestion that it might be in a coil
somewhere however if I can alter it just wiggling the socket then its
probably going to be hard to trace without a scope because anywhere I tap it
will change it.

Any suggestions before I crack it open? SHMBO is getting narky so I have to
do something and a dry joint is much cheaper to fix than buying a new TV.

(note, yes I am familiar with safety needs working with HT currents where
TVs are concerned- just I don't do TVs unless I have to)

Thanks for any help

Ad