Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default HELP,dis-assembly of AST Ascentia A41

Have attached a "log" of my "progress".
Any ideas, no matter how crazy, as to what is keeping it together?

Thanks.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AST Ascentia A41 Disassembly.pdf (389.1 KB, 118 views)
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

All I can add is my experience with a Thinkpad. There were 4 screws
hidden under plastic covers that really didn't look like much, and
once pryed out, were not going to go back in place.. They were just
tiny dots of plastic that took a pointed tool to remove.

If none of those are found, look for keys that might be oversized and
hiding screws underneath. Keys can be pryed up, but be very careful
as they can be tweaked easily.

Good luck.

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 20:29:49 -0800, Robert Baer
wrote:

Have attached a "log" of my "progress".
Any ideas, no matter how crazy, as to what is keeping it together?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

wrote:

Have attached a "log" of my "progress".
Any ideas, no matter how crazy, as to what is keeping it together?

Thanks.

Thanks; to make a pun, the "key" was to pry/lift the keyboard at the
bottom left and right.
Unplugging the 2 Kapton ribbon connectors was a little dicey (thus
will be a bitch plugging back in).
That made 5 screws available; removal allowed separation.
The damn hard drive was not mounted to anything; it could easily
rattle around and bump against anything.
No wonder the BIOS or anything else could not find it; it was trashed.