Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default There IS Justice

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:57:40 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

...Jim Thompson

For Michael... he lived in Orlando ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants? TSA :-}
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

Humph. I thought you were going to say he died of AIDS.

Thanks anyway,
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

...Jim Thompson

For Michael... he lived in Orlando ;-)

Which Michael? I worked there in the late '80s but I've never lived
there.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

...Jim Thompson

For Michael... he lived in Orlando ;-)

Which Michael? I worked there in the late '80s but I've never lived
there.

My error, I thought you lived there. I certainly sweated a lot in
Orlando ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants? TSA :-}

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

...Jim Thompson

For Michael... he lived in Orlando ;-)

Which Michael? I worked there in the late '80s but I've never lived
there.

My error, I thought you lived there. I certainly sweated a lot in
Orlando ;-)

We have to keep the humidity high in Central Florida so the Touristas
go home on time.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

I gave a two-week-long seminar at Martin-Marietta (can't remember now,
Orlando or West Palm Beach?) in August ~1990.... sweat-soaked in just
the dashing distance from visitor's lot to lobby :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants? TSA :-}
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Here is more justice:

Westboro Baptist Church Gets Tires Slashed, Locals Refuse To Perform
Repairs

Shortly after protesting the funeral of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey
in Oklahoma, members of the Westboro Baptist Church headed back to their
minivan, only to discover that its front and rear passenger-side tires
had been slashed. To make matters worse, when they drove into town they
were unable to find anyone who would repair it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/westboro-church-gets-tires-slashed-locals-refuse

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 15:40:12 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Here is more justice:

Westboro Baptist Church Gets Tires Slashed, Locals Refuse To Perform
Repairs

Shortly after protesting the funeral of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey
in Oklahoma, members of the Westboro Baptist Church headed back to their
minivan, only to discover that its front and rear passenger-side tires
had been slashed. To make matters worse, when they drove into town they
were unable to find anyone who would repair it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/westboro-church-gets-tires-slashed-locals-refuse

Beautiful! My kind of justice!

Personally, I'd send an Army sniper to every service-related funeral
:-}

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants? TSA :-}
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Here is more justice:

Westboro Baptist Church Gets Tires Slashed, Locals Refuse To Perform
Repairs

Shortly after protesting the funeral of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey
in Oklahoma, members of the Westboro Baptist Church headed back to their
minivan, only to discover that its front and rear passenger-side tires
had been slashed. To make matters worse, when they drove into town they
were unable to find anyone who would repair it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/westboro-church-gets-tires-slashed-locals-refuse

Beautiful! My kind of justice!

Personally, I'd send an Army sniper to every service-related funeral
:-}

I would have the IRS audit every memeber of that group and drag it
out so long that they couldn't work till they lose everything.

That group planned a trip to a Gainesville funeral a few years ago,
till they found that they would get no protection.

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

And there is gloating. Feel better now?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Charles wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

And there is gloating. Feel better now?

Why are YOU gloating?

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:12:18 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Charles wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

And there is gloating. Feel better now?

Why are YOU gloating?

I didn't see "Charles" because I auto-block
news.eternal-september.org, except for a very few white-listed.

Perhaps I _was_ gloating.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

What do you call a government agency, as inept and inefficient as
the Post Office, but with the ability to literally rather than
just figuratively get in your pants? TSA :-}
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Charles wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message

You remember your high school days. There was always the pretty boy
football types with all the girls clustered around.

This one went on to become a minister.

Always the big deal and center of attention at the high school
reunions.

But he missed the 50th reunion in 2008, declared to be "ill".

Received notice of his death mid-September.

Today it was revealed that he died in a Florida prison.

Serving a sentence for child molestation.

There IS Justice :-)

And there is gloating. Feel better now?

Why are YOU gloating?

I didn't see "Charles" because I auto-block
news.eternal-september.org, except for a very few white-listed.

Perhaps I _was_ gloating.

'Charles' is an anal retentive jerk. I think he taught electronics
at one time, but he is really out of touch with the field.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Here is more justice:

Westboro Baptist Church Gets Tires Slashed, Locals Refuse To Perform
Repairs

Shortly after protesting the funeral of Army Sgt. Jason James McCluskey
in Oklahoma, members of the Westboro Baptist Church headed back to their
minivan, only to discover that its front and rear passenger-side tires
had been slashed. To make matters worse, when they drove into town they
were unable to find anyone who would repair it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/westboro-church-gets-tires-slashed-locals-refuse

That was some of the best news on the net when it happened! I cheered,
shame that AAA towed 'em, I'd have said, if I was that tow operator,
"Oh, crap, my truck just broke..." and driven off...

When they finally got to WalMart, and had I been the manager there,
I'd have said: "Sorry, we don't have any..." to whatever they wanted.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

And then lost their reservation at the airport? Had the TSA strip
search them, then wash them down with pepper spray?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

Using the tax department to persecute people you disagree with
politically is completely disgusting...and totalitarian. Why would you
even suggest such a thing?

It's no different than the Russians sending dissenters to insane asylums
instead of through the courts.

mike
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

They are a tax exempt church, yet use it as a political tool. Can
you say tax fraud?

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:04:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[snip]
They are a tax exempt church, yet use it as a political tool. Can
you say tax fraud?

Really good point, Michael! Maybe a case can be made for removing
their 501(c)3 exemption:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charita...=96099,00.html

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I'll have you know that I have never once referred to anyone here
as being a member of the ignorant, hateful, ugly, mooching class.

I have always been kind, referring to them by their own chosen
name... Democrats O:-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:04:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[snip]
They are a tax exempt church, yet use it as a political tool. Can
you say tax fraud?

Really good point, Michael! Maybe a case can be made for removing
their 501(c)3 exemption:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charita...=96099,00.html

That's why I called for an audit. legitimate non profits lose their
501(c)3 exemptions for pit picking reasons, so a blatant misuse deserves
full scrutiny.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:00:34 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:04:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[snip]
They are a tax exempt church, yet use it as a political tool. Can
you say tax fraud?

Really good point, Michael! Maybe a case can be made for removing
their 501(c)3 exemption:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charita...=96099,00.html

That's why I called for an audit. legitimate non profits lose their
501(c)3 exemptions for pit picking reasons, so a blatant misuse deserves
full scrutiny.

I think the problem with your theory is they don't seem to 'endorse'
candidates so the rest is viewed as 'freedom of speech'.

They have already had laws passed in some states to stop what they
are doing. Interupting Military funerals is a terrorist act, in my book.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I'm just a very ticked
off scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

flipper wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:18:23 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
? wrote:

?
?flipper wrote:
??
?? On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:00:34 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ? wrote:
??
?? ?
?? ?Jim Thompson wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:04:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
?? ?? ? wrote:
?? ??
?? ?? [snip]
[...]

That's a different matter than Federal 'tax exempt' status.

On that score a legitimate church need not file anything at all,
including for 'tax exempt status', as they're automatically tax
exempt. Or, rather, the Federal government has no power to infringe on
the free exercise thereof, which naturally includes 'regulation' or
taxation, and that's irrespective of being a political pain in the ass
or 'endorsing' candidates.

The left's attempt to silence churches is unconstitutional on both
free speech and "the free exercise thereof" clauses of the first
amendment.

In mentioning 501(c)3 I was allowing for the worst case scenario where
one might dispute their claim to be a 'church'.

? Interupting Military funerals is a terrorist act, in my book.

I agree it's despicable but 'terrorist' is going a bit far as they
don't threaten life or limb.

The States, however, have powers the Federal government does not and,
in my opinion, that church's 'right' to 'protest' does not extend to
imposing themselves on what is, despite 'military' and 'on government
property', a deeply personal and, therefore, private service.

The whole 'government property' thing is a canard too as, for example,
you don't have the 'right' to disrupt a Congressional committee
hearing in what is euphemistically called 'the people's house'.

The right of free speech and to peaceably assemble doesn't mean you
have the right to do whatever you damn well please any place and any
time you damn well please.

SO, you agree that a tax exempt 'church' can travel all over the
country to disrupt military Funerals so a group of about 70 people can
demand that the US Military all be brought back to US soil and used to
track down and arrest people they don't like? Today it's the
homosexuals. Who's next on their agenda?

Would you like to be at a relative's funeral and have a bunch of hate
filled losers in your face waving signs and screaming that they died
because America allows Homosexuals to exist? Their rights stop when
they infringe on the rights of others, and unless the Federal Government
bans the people they hate, it is a political movement that uses terror
tactics. They are Nazis.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
... They are Nazis.

Must be nice to have company. ;-

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:04:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[snip]
They are a tax exempt church, yet use it as a political tool. Can
you say tax fraud?

Really good point, Michael! Maybe a case can be made for removing
their 501(c)3 exemption:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charita...=96099,00.html

That's why I called for an audit. legitimate non profits lose their
501(c)3 exemptions for pit picking reasons, so a blatant misuse deserves
full scrutiny.

I think the problem with your theory is they don't seem to 'endorse'
candidates so the rest is viewed as 'freedom of speech'.

They have already had laws passed in some states to stop what they
are doing. Interupting Military funerals is a terrorist act, in my book.

Make up a sub-sonic sound truck and go shake their church every time
they are "in session" :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I'll have you know that I have never once referred to anyone here
as being a member of the ignorant, hateful, ugly, mooching class.

I have always been kind, referring to them by their own chosen
name... Democrats O:-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:04:09 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

[snip]
They are a tax exempt church, yet use it as a political tool. Can
you say tax fraud?

Really good point, Michael! Maybe a case can be made for removing
their 501(c)3 exemption:

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charita...=96099,00.html

That's why I called for an audit. legitimate non profits lose their
501(c)3 exemptions for pit picking reasons, so a blatant misuse deserves
full scrutiny.

I think the problem with your theory is they don't seem to 'endorse'
candidates so the rest is viewed as 'freedom of speech'.

They have already had laws passed in some states to stop what they
are doing. Interupting Military funerals is a terrorist act, in my book.

Make up a sub-sonic sound truck and go shake their church every time
they are "in session" :-)

Too far for me to travel. They are located at: 3701 West 12th
Street, Topeka, Kansas so if any of you are ever in Kansas on business,
you know where to stay away from.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Too far for me to travel. They are located at: 3701 West 12th
Street, Topeka, Kansas so if any of you are ever in Kansas on business,
you know where to stay away from.

Google maps shows this to be in a residential area.

I wonder how the neighbors like having them there ?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

hamilton wrote:

Too far for me to travel. They are located at: 3701 West 12th
Street, Topeka, Kansas so if any of you are ever in Kansas on business,
you know where to stay away from.

Google maps shows this to be in a residential area.

I wonder how the neighbors like having them there ?

That was my thought, too.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 16:06:03 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

hamilton wrote:

Too far for me to travel. They are located at: 3701 West 12th
Street, Topeka, Kansas so if any of you are ever in Kansas on business,
you know where to stay away from.

Google maps shows this to be in a residential area.

I wonder how the neighbors like having them there ?

That was my thought, too.

Not much that can be done. Most cities don't have the brains to
impose zoning laws on churches, misconscrewing the intent of
"separation of church and state".

Personally, though, I believe in "balance": Any time a church is
allowed on a corner, it should be mandatory that the other three
corners are occupied by a Circle-K, a gas station, and an adult book
and "toy" store with an XXX-theater :-)

And churches should be taxed like any other retail business.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

"I have a dream that [we] will one day live in a nation where
[Obama] will not be judged by the color of [his] skin but by the
content of [his] character."

Obama will then be impeached.

"Free at last! free at last! Thank God Almighty, we [will be] free
at last!"

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

hamilton wrote:

Too far for me to travel. They are located at: 3701 West 12th
Street, Topeka, Kansas so if any of you are ever in Kansas on business,
you know where to stay away from.

Google maps shows this to be in a residential area.

I wonder how the neighbors like having them there ?

That was my thought, too.

Not much that can be done. Most cities don't have the brains to
impose zoning laws on churches, misconscrewing the intent of
"separation of church and state".

How about separation of politicians and people's wallets?

Personally, though, I believe in "balance": Any time a church is
allowed on a corner, it should be mandatory that the other three
corners are occupied by a Circle-K, a gas station, and an adult book
and "toy" store with an XXX-theater :-)

Around here you have to have enough parking spaces, a retention pond
for water runoff and meet all the safety codes and zoning for a
business. You can get in trouble for holding church services in a home
for more than a few people.

And churches should be taxed like any other retail business.

Not if they are actually helping people with things like food banks
or other community outreach programs.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

hamilton wrote:

[...]

Sure. Just "corporate" (*) taxes on their profits.

As in "corpus" :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I'll have you know that I have never once referred to anyone here
as being a member of the ignorant, hateful, ugly, mooching class.

I have always been kind, referring to them by their own chosen
name... Democrats O:-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

hamilton wrote:

[...]

Most are strugling to pay their bills and still help anyone around
here. Unemployment is up, the food banks are nearly empty and donations
are way down. There are no mega churches around here. The largest may
have 1000 members.

--
For the last time: I am not a mad scientist! I m just a very ticked
off scientist!!!

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

hamilton wrote:

[...]

And the Catholics are burdened with paying damages for all the
pedophilia ;-)

That aside, my favorite charity is St. Mary's Food Bank.

But I _never_ give to "corner bums"... the "need money for food"
types. The local TV here filmed one of those walking a block and
getting into his Mercedes :-(

But that's pretty much gone. All the freeway ramp medians are now
labeled "Property of ADOT, No Trespassing". A few arrests, and they
stopped hanging out there.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
That aside, my favorite charity is St. Mary's Food Bank.

But I _never_ give to "corner bums"... the "need money for food"
types. The local TV here filmed one of those walking a block and
getting into his Mercedes :-(

I sure wouldn't put it past that same "corner bum" to make his next stop St.
Mary's Food Bank, though...!