Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default The urge to kill

The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson Inscribed thus:

The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson

16 years ago that was pretty much the done thing. People have gotten
much better at molding threads since. Thread sealer has also got much
more sophisticated with the advent of new compounds that don't set hard
and can be cleaned off fairly easily.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson

So what is the problem? Working with plastic pipe is easy - even if you have
to saw out a section. Bonding in a new coupler is simple. My biggest problem
was dry fitting everything first to get all the dimensions proved out...
then I forgot to glue one of the joints ;-)

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:21:50 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson

If one rides a bike, one gets exercise. If one rides a bike with a
rusty chain, the task is a bit harder, but what one gains is stamina.

I ride the old nasty bike, and have all of its little resistances cause
me to work harder. If I ever have to race, I get on the pristine, new
bike, and it is so smooth a ride that all that stamina building benefits
me in the form of a faster finish.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson
--

What *was* that plumber thinking???
"If I don't goop up every joint I may have to return and fix any leak

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

What was your outcome with the in slab leak? Dig it up, and
pipe-in-pipe?

Cheers

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Oppie wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson

So what is the problem? Working with plastic pipe is easy - even if you
have to saw out a section. Bonding in a new coupler is simple. My
biggest problem was dry fitting everything first to get all the
dimensions proved out... then I forgot to glue one of the joints ;-)

You will find when you need to repair a single fitting that your cans
of primer and cement from your last project will have dried out.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 00:42:16 -0500, Dan wrote:

You will find when you need to repair a single fitting that your cans
of primer and cement from your last project will have dried out.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

You ain't real bright, Danny. In fact, it sounds like you should have
the doc double your Lithium dosage levels.

Any idiot knows how to keep that from happening, much less those of us
with brains. So what is your problem, sub-idiot boy?
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Martin Riddle wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

What was your outcome with the in slab leak? Dig it up, and
pipe-in-pipe?

Cheers

You could have gone all year without mentioning an under slab leak.
I recently had one under my bathtub. Older house, drain was leaking,
then when I gained access to the drain plumbing the cold water supply
developed pinhole leaks. I did a temporary fix on that until I could
dig up enough slab to get to good pipe. The hot water supply pipe decided
it need to leak also. Fortunately the leaks were near the tub drain,
unfortunately enough sand washed into the drain by the time I noticed
it to have clogged the drain. The drain pipe was PVC, the supply lines
were copper.

On the plus side I installed shut offs to the tub and learned that
plated brass tub drains do corrode to lace.

As for plumber's putty, it does have a long shelf life and you can
use it in a pinch. It also works great on old iron pipes. My personal
experience is leaks always show after the stores close on Saturday and
before they open on Monday. I'm not saying go buy some just in case, but
if you already have some it's handy for hobbies too.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Dan" wrote in message
Oppie wrote:
"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson

So what is the problem? Working with plastic pipe is easy - even if you
have to saw out a section. Bonding in a new coupler is simple. My biggest
problem was dry fitting everything first to get all the dimensions proved
out... then I forgot to glue one of the joints ;-)

You will find when you need to repair a single fitting that your cans of
primer and cement from your last project will have dried out.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Ah, yes! The voice of experience. Must be one of Murphy's corollaries...
smile

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:44:33 -0400, "Oppie"
wrote:

Ah, yes! The voice of experience. Must be one of Murphy's corollaries...
smile

The voice of experience.

At age 11, in 1971, I read an article in Popular Mechanics, the
magazine that so many holier than thou asswipes in here denigrate
regularly.

After using your paint or virtually any liquidous product that has an
aromatic vehicle in it, all you need to do is hold a breath in for about
twenty seconds extra, and just before you close the lid of the product,
blow that breath INTO the can or jar and place the lid onto it.

You will find that no skin develops on any such container that you
perform this simple task on.

I am sorry that so many of you went through life so oblivious to all of
the things around you. Really, I am truly sorry that you "Murphy"
believing dumb****s have it so rough. NOT!

Popular Mechanics, and Popular Science had a lot to offer then, and
they do now as well. That was at age 11. Have a nice life, dumb****s.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

The urge to kill...

Just changed out a kitchen sink disposer.

Original equipment, put in when the house was built 16 years ago.

Some "master" plumber filled every threaded (plastic drain) joint with
plumbers putty :-(

Dried up after 16 years... I had to break it to get it apart :-(

...Jim Thompson

If one rides a bike, one gets exercise. If one rides a bike with a
rusty chain, the task is a bit harder, but what one gains is stamina.

I ride the old nasty bike, and have all of its little resistances cause
me to work harder. If I ever have to race, I get on the pristine, new
bike, and it is so smooth a ride that all that stamina building benefits
me in the form of a faster finish.

Does the extra stamina help you to ride your boyfriend, fagboi? :-)
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Warthogbelly LiverLover wrote:

After using your paint or virtually any liquidous product that has an
aromatic vehicle in it, all you need to do is hold a breath in for about
twenty seconds extra, and just before you close the lid of the product,
blow that breath INTO the can or jar and place the lid onto it.

You will find that no skin develops on any such container that you
perform this simple task on.

I note by your behaviour here that you truly practice what you preach.

Your neighbours report you've successfully managed to keep four
gasoline containers, one drum of diesel, fifteen litres of Naphtha,
two gallons of TriChloroEthane and an old fruit jar of ether from
'skinning'.

As admirable as that is, the question remains.....WHY do you have that
stuff hidden in your shed and how does it tie in with all the
fertilizer you've been buying? Isn't a bit of 'accidental' inhalation
inevitable? Seems to be.

Still have that boyfriend in Delta Force?

mike
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 15:14:24 -0600, m II wrote:

tie in with all the
fertilizer you've been buying?

I don' need no stinkin fertilizer, boy.

My **** is advanced. Post your address, I'll provide a demo sic.