Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default You'd think someone would make...

When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:51:54 -0700, the renowned Jim Thompson
wrote:

When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

I've been known to use an actual stapler.

...Jim Thompson

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:51:54 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

Back in the sixties, they were called 'bobby pins'.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

I've been known to use an actual stapler.

...Jim Thompson

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Me too :-) Staple show... you'd think some clever soul would do it
with thread... it's embarrassing when you notice secretaries looking
oddly at your pant's cuff :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson
--

A bit of cardboard about the size of a matchbook with a needle stuck in it
and some thread wrapped around. Or buy a sewing kit at the dollar store.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:39:53 -0400, "Michael Robinson"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson
--

A bit of cardboard about the size of a matchbook with a needle stuck in it
and some thread wrapped around. Or buy a sewing kit at the dollar store.

What's a pants cuff? Is that like a spat?

John

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 19:47:53 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 22:39:53 -0400, "Michael Robinson"
wrote:

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson
--

A bit of cardboard about the size of a matchbook with a needle stuck in it
and some thread wrapped around. Or buy a sewing kit at the dollar store.

What's a pants cuff? Is that like a spat?

John

Il sprech the San Fransicko hick ;-)

Not even a cuff... the _hem_.

Though cuffs are easier to fix than a straight hem... the cuff
structure will hide a staple quite nicely :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

I've been known to use an actual stapler.

...Jim Thompson

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Me too :-) Staple show... you'd think some clever soul would do it
with thread... it's embarrassing when you notice secretaries looking
oddly at your pant's cuff :-(

Duct tape, of course. When traveling, take along a 3-ish foot strip.
Easiest (for me, at least) is to fold over the first inch or so, glue to
glue, and then wrap the rest around that. Takes up no space to speak of
and it does come in handy.

--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On 4/11/2010 9:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

It's called a 'safety pin'.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:34:35 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 4/11/2010 9:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

It's called a 'safety pin'.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Try carrying one an airplane... particularly if you're old, white, and
look harmless as a fly. You'll get grilled, body-scanned and patted
down and they'll take away all your safety pins, and your 2" Swiss
Army Knife, and put your name on the "watch" list :-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

On 4/11/2010 9:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

It's called a 'safety pin'.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Try carrying one an airplane... particularly if you're old, white, and
look harmless as a fly. You'll get grilled, body-scanned and patted
down and they'll take away all your safety pins, and your 2" Swiss
Army Knife, and put your name on the "watch" list :-)

...Jim Thompson

And yet, foreign looking types can bring on their religious baubbles,
or grab a smoke in the bathroom. What is the world coming to, anyway?

Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:35:27 GMT, (GregS)
wrote:

In article , Jim Thompson wrote:
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

https://www.mightymendittv.com/flare...g=mightymendit

Is that an approved TSA liquid ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

I think it is called "Stitch Witch". As I understand, you can put
clothing together with this glue and then sew it for permanent.
Beware, I do not have experience with it...
John Ferrell W8CCW
Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

On 4/11/2010 9:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

It's called a 'safety pin'.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Try carrying one an airplane... particularly if you're old, white, and
look harmless as a fly. You'll get grilled, body-scanned and patted
down and they'll take away all your safety pins, and your 2" Swiss
Army Knife, and put your name on the "watch" list :-)

...Jim Thompson

I sort of doubt you'd get in trouble for a 1/2 inch safety pin. You
could use fabric glue, of course, but that's a liquid. Or, bring along
a spare pair of pants.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
ElectroOptical Innovations
55 Orchard Rd
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058
hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

[...]

There's actually a double-sided ("fusible binding") tape, but it
requires an iron (clothing not soldering :-) But most of the hotels I
stay at have an iron in the closet, so that may be the way to go, yet
avoid TSA ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Jim Thompson wrote:

Phil Hobbs wrote:

It's called a 'safety pin'.

Try carrying one an airplane... particularly if you're old, white, and
look harmless as a fly. You'll get grilled, body-scanned and patted
down and they'll take away all your safety pins, and your 2" Swiss
Army Knife, and put your name on the "watch" list :-)

Tell them you want a Platinum Rolex.