Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Bill Garber[_3_] Bill Garber[_3_] is offline

Default You'd think someone would make...

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:34:35 -0400, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 4/11/2010 9:51 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
When I travel I carry one of those Buttoneer gadgets that "staples" a
button back on using tiny plastic straps.

You'd think someone would make a similar device for fixing a pant's
cuff that comes unstitched :-)

Is there such a thing?

...Jim Thompson

It's called a 'safety pin'.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Try carrying one an airplane... particularly if you're old, white, and
look harmless as a fly. You'll get grilled, body-scanned and patted
down and they'll take away all your safety pins, and your 2" Swiss
Army Knife, and put your name on the "watch" list :-)

...Jim Thompson

And yet, foreign looking types can bring on their religious baubbles,
or grab a smoke in the bathroom. What is the world coming to, anyway?

Bill