Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

Default Coming soon to the USA...

Coming soon to the USA... the ultimate nanny state...

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Coming soon to the USA... the ultimate nanny state...

It'll never be as bad as in the UK.

Kids not allowed to play conkers - or climb trees to get them, no chasing a
round cheese down a hill contests, no jumble sales in case the village hall
burns down.

The list is inexhaustible.

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"ian field" wrote in message

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message ...
Coming soon to the USA... the ultimate nanny state...

It'll never be as bad as in the UK.

Kids not allowed to play conkers - or climb trees to get them, no chasing
a round cheese down a hill contests, no jumble sales in case the village
hall burns down.

The list is inexhaustible.

Ian, a Massachusetts school stopped using jump ropes!
They still jump, they just don't use the rope, you see if little Mary or
Billy catch
the rope with a foot as it goes round it could hurt there self esteem.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...-merryman.html

http://www.news-journalonline.com/op...jump-rope.html

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

"amdx" wrote in message ...

"ian field" wrote in message ...

"Jim Thompson" wrote in message
Coming soon to the USA... the ultimate nanny state...

It'll never be as bad as in the UK.

Kids not allowed to play conkers - or climb trees to get them, no chasing a round cheese down a hill contests, no jumble sales in
case the village hall burns down.

The list is inexhaustible.

Ian, a Massachusetts school stopped using jump ropes!
They still jump, they just don't use the rope, you see if little Mary or Billy catch
the rope with a foot as it goes round it could hurt there self esteem.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/c...-merryman.html

http://www.news-journalonline.com/op...jump-rope.html

I believe that taking away the rope hurts their self-esteem more,
as it symbolizes that they are too stupid to jump with the rope.

Like the 'Everyone gets a Trophie' Trophies. Some will see that
as a means of getting everyone not to try as hard as they can.

Bill

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:37:44 -0400, "Bill Garber"
wrote:

Like the 'Everyone gets a Trophie' Trophies. Some will see that
as a means of getting everyone not to try as hard as they can.

I only try as hard as I can to hold in a bong load for a really long
time... every time. Failures do occur.

At work, I usually know IT. If not, I try as hard as I need to to find
IT out, then DO it with as little or as much try as is required to
efficaciously perform the task.

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

wrote:

Like the 'Everyone gets a Trophie' Trophies. Some will see that
as a means of getting everyone not to try as hard as they can.

I only try as hard as I can to hold in a bong load for a really long
time... every time. Failures do occur.

At work, I usually know IT. If not, I try as hard as I need to to find
IT out, then DO it with as little or as much try as is required to
efficaciously perform the task.

What do you see when you turn out the lights?

---
I can't tell you, but I know it's mine...

JF

Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad

In message , ian field
writes

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
Coming soon to the USA... the ultimate nanny state...

It'll never be as bad as in the UK.

Kids not allowed to play conkers - or climb trees to get them,

With respect Ian, ********. Kids in the bit of the UK where I live are
still happily playing conkers and climbing trees to get them, I should
know, my kids were with them.
no chasing a
round cheese down a hill contests

The cheese rolling was cancelled because the organisers couldn't provide
enough parking spaces or spectator seating, nothing to do with the
rolling itself.
no jumble sales in case the village hall
burns down.

Oooh, I'll tell the vicar she better cancel the one in the local
church/village hall next weekend.

The list is inexhaustible.

Alternatively, you could just stop believing all the ******** the papers
print and lead a much more normal life without getting all stressy and
foaming at the mouth with righteous but misplaced indignation.

--
Clint Sharp